I am a user experience focused front end developer with seven years professional experience specialising in building high quality, accessible UI. I am an effective communicator with a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment that embraces an agile development process and appreciates my constant desire to learn and improve my skills.
- UX/UI Design
- Responsive Web Design
- W3C Standards
- Progressive Enhancement
Front End Developer, Westfield Labs
San Francisco, CA –
- Instrumental in the planning and strategy of front end development within the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS used for the creation and maintenance of all Westfield Centre websites.
- Responsible for creating and integrating a core set of templates and content components for AEM, enabling Centre Managers and other non technical employees to maintain website content and creation.
- Train and mentor front end team on best practices for component development and maintainability in AEM.
- Assist in the creation of Scally, an open source CSS framework.
- UI development of the registration website for the Miranda Car Park pilot program.
- Develop HTML and CSS authoring guidelines to ensure quality standards.
- Assist in the recruitment of front end developers.
UX Developer, Constant Contact
San Francisco, CA –
- Collaborate with product strategy and engineering teams to craft high quality user experiences focusing on social media marketing and syndication.
- Responsible for the development of the UI in the relaunch of Social Campaigns product and the launch of Social Syndication services.
- First Place in company Innovation Jam for
OutboxA service that instantly creates a beautifully crafted newsletter by sending a simple email.
- Second Place in company Innovation Jam for
ContactUs+ An opt in service for current customers to easily share and incentivise the sharing of contact and social media links with their customers.
- WOW Award from Product Manager for
being instrumental in getting important, highly requested feature built for Social Campaigns with limited time and resources.
Designer & Developer, Pharmaceutical Data Services
Hamden, CT –
- Created a custom CSS framework and pattern library used as the basis for all web applications.
- Developed excellent working relationships with clients and served as the development team project manager.
- Responsible for the branding strategy including redesigning and coordinating the production of all printed collateral.
- Wrote and produced technical guides and eLearning videos for all company applications.
Professional Development Experience
Core Contributor, Scally
- Contributed to the design and implementation of Sass architecture in version one.
- Created new utilities and objects for both version one and version two.
- Aided in the development of documentation.
- Currently setting up CI and streamlining the contribution process.
- Currently creating a starter kit for developers new to the framework.
Alumni Advisory Board President, Technology Student Association
- Led a team of eight alumni managing the operations of the Alumni Association including all social media campaigns and a biannual association newsletter.
- Wrote a grant proposal, which was successfully funded, for the establishment of a scholarship for students pursuing higher education in a STEM related field.
- Currently developing a website for membership management.
Communications Volunteer, International Development Exchange (IDEX)
- Supported the Communications and Outreach Manager.
- Regularly updated the IDEX website and WordPress blog, including adding additional pages.
- Assisted with the creation of monthly email newsletters utilising Vertical Response.
B. A., Interactive Digital Design, Cum Laude — –